Tuesday 5 January 2016

Reader Response Wednesday

We've had a number of great questions in since the last time we did one of these. Thanks to everyone who has sent one in, sorry I'm taking a few days to reply but things have been a bit busy lately. Keep on sending things in and I promise I'll get back to you ASAP.

Here are two of the best:

Our first question comes from Sue. She wanted to know my thoughts on who our next leader is going to be. Well I'm sorry to disappoint but I really don't know what to think. There are a lot of people I would like to see in the role of course, we do afterall have many capable MPs, and I have a lot of respect for many of the current cabinet. It's important to note though that when David Cameron became leader he wasn't a front runner and had only been an MP for a short while. We won't pick our leader based on entitlement, but on ability with the most capable candidate - whoever that might be! - being the one to get my vote.

Second we have David who wanted to know if my thoughts on the EU have changed lately, particularly after the report by MPs that the Prime Minister's proposals will need treaty change. In my opinion though that doesn't matter. I see the EU as the future for the UK. Yes it needs reform, yes it must better service our needs but in the long run we are better off in and my opinion on that won't  change simply because the task got harder.




No comments:

Post a Comment