Friday 27 November 2015

Friday Night Mini-blog - Three reasons Britain should leave the EU

Just like last week I am again sat in on Friday night so as promised I have produced a counter post to last weeks mini-blog. This time I put forward three reasons, again without comment, as to why Britain would be better off out.

Before I do that though I would like to thank everyone who has so far taken the time to read this blog. In the week and a bit it's been operating it has seen hundreds of views and I am happy people are recieving it so well.

... ok now onto the EU debate once more.

1. Norway and Switzerland are not in the EU, yet they export far more per capita to the EU than the UK does; this suggests that EU membership is not a prerequisite for a healthy trading relationship.

this claim comes from Better Off Out, a pro-leave campaign group.

2. The UK would save billions in membership fees, and end the "hidden tariff" paid by UK taxpayers when goods are exported to the EU, caused by red tape, waste, fraud and other factors.

this claim is taken from the BBC's website

3. In a best case scenario, under which the UK manages to enter into liberal trade arrangements with the EU and the rest of the world, whilst pursuing large-scale deregulation at home, Britain could be better off by 1.6% of GDP in 2030. 

this claim is made by an Open Europe Report

So there you have it folks a list of three reasons we'd be better off out. On Monday I will be doing a proper blog post on my position on the EU debate so anyone looking forward to finding out my actual position will have the chance then.

No comments:

Post a Comment