Saturday 28 November 2015

Gay Marriage mini-blog

Continuing my theme of Human Rights based discussions today's blog is about the somewhat more fun but no less serious topic of gay marriage. I was raised as a good Roman Catholic boy. I was taught that marriage is therefore between a man and a woman. This was reinforced at home by my married mum and dad and at my Roman Catholic school where many of the kids I knew were raised in traditional mum and dad households.

You might think then that I was opposed to gay marriage. I am not.

Despite my upbringing being Roman Catholic my mum and dad, as well as my teachers, were all open minded. They taught me that although my religion may not agree with something it does not mean in the slightest that I should oppose that thing on religious grounds. After all does the Roman Catholic faith not teach tolerance? does it not state that god created all things and all things have a place in his plan?

Surely this must extend to Gay Marriage.
 
Now I haven't had time to do a full blog post on this today (I'm off doing some voluntary work) but I'll be expanding on this point next week - see you all on Monday for a discussion on my views on the EU.

No comments:

Post a Comment